Thursday 10 September 2009

Wednesday 9th September

Good day all round.  Treatment done and dusted, and back to the flat for a play and lunch, and then Toby decided he would comply with the idea of a daytime nap!  He must have been tired as delaying tactics are his speciality at bedtime these days (and to think he used to ask to go to bed at 6.30pm!).  Given all these early starts and my inability to get to bed at a sensible time (all my own fault - the internet is just too interesting!) meant that I thought I'd seize the chance of a kip too!  I felt soooo guilty crawling under the duvet at 12.30 with glorious sunshine outside, but boy did we both feel better for it come 2pm! 

Went out on the bike to stretch the legs and get some fresh air.  Went over the bridge into Germany (weird taking passports with you on a bike ride and crossing country borders daily!  Has anyone seen that film with Tom Hanks when he gets trapped airside?!!) and followed some of the bike trails on the other side of the river, just for a different view.  Stopped off along the way to watch some ducks, look at some sheep on a farm, and admire a woman's 3 week old newborn!  Fell into conversation, at which point I had a weird feeling come over me that this was the sort of 'scenario' you have in school language text books that you ought to be prepared for, along with the grocers, hotel, and going to the doctor.  Hans und Lieselotte if you learnt german in the 80's like me (dog was "Lumpi" but I digress!), or Jean-Paul and Claudette Marsaud in the french version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment